For families opting for synchronous learning due to COVID 19, CCS will provide access to the regular school days’ instruction and assignments utilizing a dedicated live stream, Google Suite, and Seesaw. The school day will include direct instruction lessons taught by the classroom teacher; real time assignments, tests, and projects; and scheduled teacher office hours. Synchronous learning is not available to students who are traveling or have unrelated to COVID 19 illnesses. As with many things this school year, we will be gathering feedback and evaluating our synchronous learning plan and will adjust the plan as needed.
Students will need:
- Personal computer (limited chromebooks are available for K-5)
- Headphones – ideally, headset with microphone (provided by the parent)
- Google suite (3-8) and/or Seesaw (K-2), subscriptions provided by CCS
- Assigned textbooks and packets provided by CCS
- Personal supplies from the CCS supply list
Teachers will have:
- Camera and microphone for a high quality Google Meet.
- Google Suite and/or Seesaw
- Scheduled office hours
Expectations for students:
- Students are expected to be on time to school beginning with prayers.
- Students will attend in their CCS uniform.
- Students will adhere to all CCS policies pertaining to appearance, i.e. haircuts and make up.
- Students should have a dedicated space to attend synchronous classes.
- Attendance will be taken at the start of each day for K-5.
- Attendance will be taken at the start of each block period in MS.
- Assignments will be turned in at the same time as the students in the building.
- Tests will be taken at the same time as students in the building.
- Work will be completed fully and neatly as grading will be the same as for students in the building.
- CCS grading scales, rubrics, assignment guidelines apply.
- CCS behavioral expectations will apply.
- Students will utilize Google Meet to be “present” during class.
- All assignments will be turned in digitally either through Google Classroom or Seesaw.
- Parents and students will be provided with training videos for Google Classroom, Seesaw, and the live stream. Online etiquette will be a component of the training.
- All one-on-one Google meetings will be recorded
Point of contact:
- For classwork and instruction, please contact your teacher.
- For technical issues or questions, please contact Mr. Seibert.
- Your MS advisor, Mrs. Fallica, and Mr. Riley are available to assist.
Other considerations to be addressed:
- Outdoor class time